[W] Must-have Add-ons for Firefox
Do you know that you can enhance your browsing experience with Firefox by installing add-on (previously known as Extension)? Here’s the list of 7 add-ons that I can’t live without.
- Adblock Plus
- Ever been annoyed by all those ads and banners on the internet that often take longer to download than everything else on the page? Install Adblock Plus now and get rid of them.
- Easy DragToGo
- Allows you to open links in new tabs, search texts, save images and do more with drag and drop gestures easier.
- FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension)
- FEBE allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. Now you can easily synchronize your office and home browsers. FEBE backs up and restores your extensions, themes, and (optionally) your bookmarks, preferences, cookies and much more.
- IE Tab
- Embedding Internet Explorer (IE) in tabs of Firefox. This is a great tool for web developers, since you can easily see how your web page displayed in IE with just one click and then switch back to Firefox.
- ImgLikeOpera allows load only the images that you want in Firefox browser. This extension is very useful for non broadband users.
- Tab Mix Plus (TMP)
- Tab Mix Plus (TMP) is a very popular extension for the Firefox browser that enhances Firefox’s tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured Session Manager with crash recovery that can save and restore combinations of opened tabs and windows.
Each download/install link directs you to the download page of the add-on. if a warning message box appears (see figure below), just click ‘Install Now’ button to proceed.
To browse or search many other add-ons that may suit your needs, go here. Now it’s time to dump the IE!!