[E] Life is not a fairy tale
When i was a kid
- I helped my parents selling ‘kuih’ near a factory. it was easy, pack the kuih and return the balance. i think, then is when i learned Math intensively. 😛 My salary? i forgot..
- I helped my uncle selling fried bananas. I got RM1 per day! huhu~
- I worked as an assistant in a bakery shop. I baked cakes, muffins and biscuits. My salary? I forgot the basic salary but it wasn’t much. but one thing i remember, for each Almond London biscuit i made, i earned ten cent (RM 0.10). i think you can figure how little much my basic salary was.
- I made pie-tee (top hats) during the fasting month. I sold 100 pie-tees for RM7. only 5 people ordered, so i managed to earn RM35. (making a single pie-tee is quite hard)
- I worked as a bus conductor with my Ayah (dad) as the bus driver. It was illegal to be a bus conductor without a certificate, so Ayah told me that if we were caught in a roadblock, i should act as the passenger and he’ll tell the JPJ that the the bus conductor is on leave. 😛 My salary? Ayah gave me RM20 per day, for working from 6am to 3pm.
- I worked as a salesperson in a garment store from 10am to 10pm. I was the one walking with a measurement tape on my neck and asking people if they want to buy trousers. If they do, i had to measure their waists and help them find the right sizes. My salary? RM250 per month.
- I worked as a tuition (Math and Science) teacher. I also taught computer classes. My basic salary was RM200 and commissions given based on how many students i taught.
- I worked in Pizza Hut as Service Crew. This is the best working place i’ve ever been. I took orders and delivered pizzas to dine-in customers. I met different kind of people and learned different ways to deal with them. Some people treated me well, but some did not. The best part was, I got free small pizza for every 8 working hours! but I didn’t gain weight though i had pizza every single day.. -__- My salary? RM3 per hour. I got triple pay on public holidays! i loved working on public holidays.. but the worst weekend working in Pizza Hut was the day i had to wash ALL the dishes all by myself for 8 hours straight!
- I worked as a RND Engineer Trainee with a salary of RM800. minus RM200 / month used for my home rent 😦 so i ate maggi everyday.
My current job status.. I am barely bear-ly working. haha!